This here is the homesite of plash, an inquisitive craftsperson, game maker, and analytic system-thinker.
A list of projects and whatnots that plash has created or touched.
All the Maths‽ is a mathematics library for C++11.
Beard is a terminal UI for C++11. Because ncurses is an abomination. In the interest of fairness, Beard also happens to be an abomination. Must be the TTY sickness.
- Compiler and platform detection macros.
- Debug message and assertion macros.
- Endian byte-swapping.
- Unicode encoding and string conversion helpers.
- iostream helpers for binary and textual data (integrates with the C++ Standard Library).
- Dynamic-memory and multi-cast stream classes.
- Generic token parsing and argument parsing.
- CVar-esque system with validation, and a markup language.
- Set of macros for scoped error reporting and messaging.
- Miscellaneous utilities and common classes.
Onomo is a dark, moody platformer concept created over a 48-hour period for Ludum Dare 30. plash neglected mechanics and made something that is only compelling in aesthetic. The code is available under the CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.
Prisma is a minimalistic color-based quasi-puzzle game created over a 72-hour period for Ludum Dare 26. The levels are poor, the audio is terrible, and the “puzzles” are mostly based on player speed. The code is available under the CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 license.
togo is a C++ data-oriented super-library. It began as a game engine, but plash found its odd style too appealing to leave it all bundled up in a high-dependency library.
It seems likely that togo will gobble up implementations of libraries plash has already created, although plash still considers togo experimental, especially considering its many stylistic eccentricities and code machining.
Trait Wrangler is a small C++11 library for trait testing & common trait compounds.
- include_sort: order-explicit inclusion sorter for C and C++ (supremely silly).
- igen: libclang-based interface generator for C++ (abominable).
- brinktools: some shabby code for reading BRINK's SDMD2 and SDPK2 formats (including documentation; warning: code uses legacy duct++ API).
- Elian fonts: variant-width and monospace fonts for the Elian script (including FontForge source files).
Here are some links plash has procured for your enjoyment.
Webcomics, periodicals and books:
- Easy Pieces — the brilliant essence of Neil Dvorak.
- Dresden Codak — excruciatingly detailed art & story.
- Cucumber Quest — one of the very best comics on the net.
- Order of Tales — a great adventure (in both senses).
- The Bonefolder — a collaborative periodical about bookbinding.
- 99% Invisible — sprawling design podcast.
- Looking Glass Studios Podcast — discussions with LGS flag-bearers.
Musicians and music:
- 8bitpeoples — 8-bit/chiptune music label; releases a whole lot of free albums.
- Anamanaguchi — chiptune band.
- The J. Arthur Keenes Band — chiptune-reggae coolness.
- Lifeformed — exceptional sonic crafter.
- C418 — composer for Minecraft.
- NEOTOKYO° soundtrack — for the indie HL2 mod NEOTOKYO° by the exceptional Ed Harrison, now free.
- Portal 2 soundtrack — three free volumes from the Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory.
- Arcanum soundtrack — by Ben Houge (free).